- Research & Experience
- OUTREACH & EVENTS
- Professional Committees
UK Polar Network: Vice president (Sept 2020 – Aug 2021)
- Vice president of the UK branch of the Association of Early Career Scientists (APECS), with over 400 members
- Supporting the new co-presidents
- Working with the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion team
- Organising the Polar Early Careers Conference
UK Polar Network: President (Sept 2019 – Aug 2020)
- Coordinating a 22 member committee
- Delivering the project ‘Discovering the poles: connecting the UK to Antarctica‘, which includes two festivals, 17 school visits, 323 pupil-drawn flags sent to Antarctica, and three Pint of Science events. For a full report, see here.
- Funding applications (2/2 successful)
- Development of an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion team
UK Polar Network: Co-head of education & outreach (Sept 2018 – Aug 2019)
- Coordinating outreach team and activities (Polar Pen Pals, school visits)
UK Polar Network: Science festivals coordinator (Sept 2018 – Aug 2019)
- Organising two Polar outreach events at festivals: Southampton Science and Engineering Festival 2019 and WOMAD 2019.
- Activities and experiments included Ecosystem Jenga, ocean circulation demonstrations, and cloud formation.
Marine Life Talk committee – (Sept 2013 – 2019)
- Organising guest lectures for the public at the National Oceanography Centre, Southampton.
- Contacting potential speakers, accommodating and introducing guests, and recording lectures
Marine Biogeochemistry Journal Club committee – (2018 – 2019)