PUBLICATIONS and press
For peer reviewed material only: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1055-642X
- Bohleber, P., Casado, M., Ashworth, K., Baker, C. A., Belcher, A., Caccavo, J. A., Jenkins, H. E., Satterthwaite, E., Spolaor, A., & Winton, V. H. L. (2020) ‘Successful practice in early career networks: insights from the polar sciences’, Advances in Geosciences, 53, pp. 1–14. doi: 10.5194/adgeo-53-1-2020.
- Mayor, D. J., Cook, K. B., Anderson, T. R., Belcher, A., Jenkins, H. E., Lindeque, P. Tarling, G. A., Pond, D. (2020) ‘Marine copepods, the wildebeest of the ocean’, Frontiers for Young Minds, 8(18), pp. 1–8. doi: 10.3389/frym.2020.00018.
- A policy report, 2019, presenting the context for and key results from a project funded by the Newton Ungku Omar Fund focused on water quality and sustainable livelihoods in Sarawak, Borneo. Written and assembled by me and supervised by Richard Sanders, with input from the principal investigators and Nicola Willey from the British High Commission in Singapore.
- I contributed a section – Life Under The Microscope – to a science communication map produced by the British Antarctic Territory and the UK Natural Environment Research Council Arctic Office. Take a look here.
- Yorkukoglu, C. & Jenkins, H. E. (2019) ‘Copepods: The unsung heroes of the ocean’ Planet Earth, 19, pp 16-17. Available at: https://nerc.ukri.org/latest/publications/planetearth/19issue1-copepods/.
- In March 2019 I was invited to speak on a podcast ThinkArctic by GCI, exploring the issues facing the Arctic and its stakeholders. Listen on Spreaker here (currently 172 downloads), Soundcloud here (currently 35) or Spotify here.
- Jenkins, H. E. (2019) ‘Vegan at Sea-gan: The Arctic Ocean’ The Arctic Institute: Breaking the Arctic’s Ice Ceiling. Available at https://www.thearcticinstitute.org/vegan-sea-gan-arctic-ocean. This series of commentaries, articles, and multimedia posts highlighted women living or working in the Arctic with the aim of empowering the voices of women researchers, scientists and local champions.
- Mayor, D. J., Thornton, B., Jenkins, H. E., & Felgate, S. L. (2018) ‘Microbiota: The Living Foundation’, in Beninger, P. G. (Ed.), Mudflat Ecology. 1st edn. Springer International Publishing, pp. 43–61. Available at: https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783319991924. For more information, please contact me.
- Jenkins, H. E., Evans, C., Sanders, R., Evans, C., Burden, A., Patrick, M., Müller, M., Mujahid, A., Thompson, C., Mayor, D. J. (2018) ‘The influence of land-use change and season on aquatic microbial respiration in Sarawak, Malaysia’, Geophysical Research Abstracts, 20, pp 17459. Click here for the abstract, contact me for more information.
- Jenkins, H. E., Godbold, J., Thronton, B., Mayor, D. J. (2017). The effect of climate change on benthic bacterial community structure and metabolic functioning. Master’s thesis (unpublished). Click here for the abstract, or contact me for more information.