Research & EXPERIENCE
– The physiological budgets of Arctic zooplankton; specifically the limitation of production in Calanus finmarchicus. Including cruises JR17005 and JR18007. Supervised by Dr Dan Mayor (PhD research, SPITFIRE, 2017 – Present).
– Zooplankton diversity, biogeography and population genetics. Bioinformatics, Next Generation Sequencing data analyses and synthesis. Supervised by Dr Erica Goetze (Research placement at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, 2019)
– Linking land-use change to the health of river environments and aquatic ecosystems, Sarawak (Newton-Ungku Omar Fund, 2017- 2019)
– Laboratory Assistant (National Oceanography Centre, 2019)
– The effect of climate change on benthic bacterial community structure and metabolic functioning (MSci research, 2016-17)
– Sea turtle research and conservation; genetic diversity, feeding and behavioural habits, egg production and morphometrics in Chelonia mydas, Eretmochelys imbricata, Lepidochelys olivacea, Caretta caretta, and Dermochelys coriacea (2012-2015)